Did you know …..?
Ø Our black forest deli ham is a natural juice product..........no water added
Ø Our deli turkey is house cooked
Ø We serve 81 % lean fresh hamburgers
Ø The deli roast beef is house cooked lean eye round of beef
Ø All of our beef is stamped USDA Select or better
Ø Beef used at market Carvery & Exhibition station is Certified Angus Beef
Ø Our fresh produce is delivered daily ..... selected Local produce daily from Wilcox
Ø Yogurt & granola parfaits are made with Stonyfield Organic Brand Yogurt
Ø We only serve high quality salad dressings
Ø Our pizza is prepared with 100% mozzarella cheese…..... no fillers
Ø Our pasta and gravy sauces are house made
Ø Meatballs at Trattoria are house made with 81% lean beef ….like Mama’s
We are food service professionals who are passionate about food and how it
is prepared. Now you know about the quality and passion we have about
serving you………our customer!
Dining Services News at UofA Science and Technology Park
Credit Card Service - Amex, Visa, Master Card
Starbucks open till 3 pm Closes @ 2 pm for OFF Raytheon Fridays
Available now - stamps, batteries, asprin, cards, etc.
Daily Specials and beverages
Outtakes Cooler for "grab & go" items - sandwiches, salads,parfait & fruit cups
LTO- Starbucks Happy Hour- Starbucks open M - Th. till 3 pm. New lounge seating, Flat Screen TV, new snacks.
Now serving Seattle's Best coffee....located at beverage central in the cafe
A La Carte pricing at every station.
Value fountain beverage - 32 oz. for $ 1.89 on selected entree purchases
Daily Pannini sandwiches and Flatbread Melts
Outtake salads, parfaits, sandwiches....on the go, quick service
Breakfast 6:30am - 9:00am
Continental 9:00am - 10:00am - bakery items at Starbucks and display racks
Lunch 11:00am - 1:00pm
Monday - Friday 7 am - 1 pm
closed on Raytheon OFF Fridays
6:30am - 2:00pm coffee, grab & go items - sandwiches, salads,snacks, etc.
Starbucks.... looking good! Drop by for iced Chai or Latte
Monthly Nutrition Tips
FIVE THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT NUTRITION*:
1. Although whole wheat bread is better for you than white bread, white bread isn't bad for you. All types of bread provide essential nutrients. The main advantage of eating whole wheat bread is its higher fiber content.
2. Honey and brown sugar are fine to use as sweeteners, but don't think you're eating healthier just because you use them. White sugar and honey are nearly identical chemically, although honey has a slightly higher amount of minerals. Brown sugar is simply white sugar colored with molasses.
3. Salt isn't as bad as some would have you believe, unless you are susceptible to high blood pressure. Your body needs salt to insure the transmission of nerve impulses and the contractions of the heart and other muscles. A healthy body will void itself of too much salt.
4. Salads are not always as healthy for you as you may believe, particularly if made with iceberg lettuce, which has virtually no nutritional value. Choose other types of lettuce or spinach to get more vitamins, minerals and fiber.
5. Vitamin supplements cannot correct a poor diet. They cannot undo damage done to your body by having too high an intake of fat, sugar, or salt, and do not contain fiber or give you more energy.